Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Step Forward!

 
Some days it is hard to step up and be all I am expected to be. Like today, I want to run and hide. I want to go back to being the person who has responsibilities only for my husband and children. And some days even that is a challenge. I don’t want to have to be confident and bold and to be seen... and criticized. Today I cannot see what Jesus sees in me, why He picked me for this extraordinary life, the extraordinary opportunity to speak into peoples’ lives. I want to disappear.

Do you ever have days like that?

So I took my heart to God today. “I don’t know what you see in me. Can you please show me... again?” I turned to my bible for answers, for his love, his redemption and what I needed to hear.

In Mark 3:3 the words in red on the page stood out to me. “And he said to the man with the withered hand “Step forward”. I went back and read from verse 1 all the way through. And read again. I could not get my eyes off the words STEP FORWARD. I so related to the man with the withered hand, with all my imperfections and shortcomings. Jesus was asking ME to step forward.

All of a sudden the answer became very clear. I knew it well, had lived it well, but through circumstances, daily life and self-pity, I had taken my eyes off the answer. HIM. It was not about- MY Ability, MY Strength, MY Godliness.

It is about HIM.

It is about Obedience. Obedience to STEP FORWARD. He is the healer, He is the redeemer, He is what is needed. All I am asked to do is to step forward so I can be used. Used to be able to display His miraculous power, His Love, HIS ABILITY. He will use my withered hand or whatever I have on hand that I consider imperfect.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me

Today, I encourage you to Step Forward. All of heaven is waiting on you to STEP FORWARD. No ‘buts’, no thoughts of your inabilities, because....it is not about you, it is not about me. It’s about Him. It’s about why he came. It’s about the lost and their need to find Him.

It’s time to move our butts forward. It’s time. He's calling you to “STEP FORWARD”



Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment