Friday, May 11, 2012

A Part of Her Life. A Part of the Miracle!



Little Hiwot, Tigist's daughter,
when she and her mother first
arrived at Grace 

The other day I was walking to work and my heart was overcome with so much joy as I saw Tigist approaching me in the distance. She was heading from Grace to the nearby clinic to pick up her TB meds. To the normal eye at first sight, one may be horrified at her frail, skeletal body. But to me she was FAT and BEAUTIFUL! How could I think this? Only 4 months before, Tigist and her daughter Hiwot were very close to death.
 
Many prayers were said and tears shed as it looked like they were not going to make it.
 
Tigist was brought to Grace by a kind Ethiopian man who had been at the hospital visiting his mother and saw Tigist and Hiwot in the frightening position they were in, with no money to cover their costs. He came ready to plead with Grace to do something. Anything.




Being transferred to Grace’s ‘Hope Clinic’ with a fulltime nurse and carer by her side, Tigist, about 25yrs old, started at a mere 25kgs! Each day she continued to put on weight began to heal inside and out. But the miracle does not stop there. Hiwot, her 4 yr old daughter who had almost died of malaria and malnutrition when she first came to us, is now thriving and has found a permanent place in all our hearts at Grace! Each day she paints our faces with smiles as we are greeted with her love, enthusiasm and giggles every day.

They have found ‘family’ through Grace.

Tigist and Hiwot. Their smiles say it all!
Today Tigist greeted me with her arms outstretched and said  ‘Nay, Arkist Dee’('come here Aunty') just as her daughter Hiwot does and gave me the biggest hugs and a kiss on the cheek and told me she loved me. How blessed are we to serve these people! How blessed are we to be able to have a part to play in their precious lives.

I am privileged and so very humbled to be able to meet and speak to and love on these families in person, but without YOU it would be impossible. Seriously...  IMPOSSIBLE. 

I want to thank you with all that I am, for supporting us and Grace with your prayers, financial support and aid and donations.

I know Tigist and Hiwot thank you with their smiles, thank you FOR their smiles. They are so grateful for life itself.

Again THANK YOU for being His light. His hands and feet. His heartbeat Thank you.

Dee x

No comments:

Post a Comment